Friday, April 18, 2014

Terrace Grill. Daet Camarines Norte

Terrace Grill’s Calderetta 
Daet, Camarines Norte

 After a scenic and leisurely drive from Naga City, 
we arrived at Terrace Grill in Daet, Camarines Norte,



…where I was scheduled to have 
a talk in a lunch time symposium.


We arrived a little early, just in time when 
the participants were starting to arrive,




…so it gave me more time to take 
photos of  the venue, 




...which is part of a dining complex
located just in front of the huge mall.


 The lunch was served in a buffet,
but I decided not to eat yet as I didn’t 
want to feel puffy during the lecture.




It was more of a working lunch as I had 
my talk while the participants were eating.



I was already starving after the lecture, 
and I checked out what was left on the buffet.


The Nido Soup was almost drained, and 
I didn’t find it appetizing, so I skipped it.


The Buttered Fried Chicken was almost untouched 
so I presumed it was not delicious, so I also skipped it.


I took a scoop of the Mixed Vegetable 
that looked like a Chop Suey and had
seafood on it. It was very delicious.


 I had several servings of the Sweet and Sour Fish, 
as it was very delicious, and made me wonder why 
just like the chicken  it was almost left untouched.


I really didn’t want to touch and even try 
the Kaldereta leftover as it looked so gross
and appeared like a pool of oil laden fecal matter, 
but our host encouraged me to try it as it was the
specialty of the house and it is one of the reasons 
why they booked the lecture in the restaurant.


I reluctantly tired the Kaldereta by topping a
plateful of rice and indeed- it was so delicious that
I finished three servings of Kaldereta topped rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment