Saturday, July 20, 2013

Surfing Bagasbas Beach, Daet, Camarines Norte

Surfing Bagasbas Beach
Bagasbas, Daet, Camarines Norte 
(Bagasbas Beach Series 2)

The kids have been very active in sports.
My eldest daughter Nicole wakeboards,



Timothy plays the pogo, swims
and skateboards…



 ...and starting to learn to wakeboard at the
CWC Winchpark Beginer’s Lake,


So when we spent a weekend in Daet,
at the awesome Bagasbas Lighthouse Hotel,
a very popular surfing destination in Bicol,


…they were excited to have
their first  surfing lessons.




Young kids like Timothy are taught
how to balance and hit the wave
at the knee deep shoreline,


…and the little boy did very well.


The revelation came from
my 15 year old daughter,




...after paddling on to the ocean
and found a perfect surge of wave, 



…who after only her first ride,



…she surfed like she has been
doing it all her life.



Surfing is addicting-
said the kids,


…as it gives us a reason to be back
to Bagsagbas Beach,


Do I hear Siargao, La Union
and Honolulu beckoning?



Read my Other posts about Bagasbas, Deat


2 comments:

  1. Hi monC. I'm a fan of your blog. You seem to be always traveling and always on a holiday. Do you still work?

    Do the kids still go to school?

    Your classmate: Cris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cris,

      Yes, I work 6 days a week and begin my day as early 7 AM and sometimes, although I try to avoid this now until 7 PM.

      No one can get me out of my family on weekends.

      We also vacation a lot as that is the only way to really be away from work.

      The kids are home schooled so they have no attendance to worry, and grades to keep.

      Delete