Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Green Plaza Panganiban: Inexpensive Authentic Chinese Cuisine

Green Plaza Panganiban 
Inexpensive and Authentic Chinese Cuisine

My eldest daughter who is now in college heard about Lomi
for the first time from her classmates and was curious on how  
it tastes and wanted to see how it appears. I have never really
been a fan of the dish, as I find slimy texture gross and I do
not like the slightly better aftertaste of the vermicular noodles.



I was also caught by surprise as I never realized
that we never had a chance to introduce the dish to
them in the past. Since it was a common knowledge
the Green Plaza serves one of the best Lomi in the city,
we decided to dine at  their Panganiban Drive branch.



The first this we ordered was the popular Green Plaza Lomi.
It was served heaping in a huge bowl. This may be the most
popular Lomi in the city and quite a number of people would
attest on how good it is, but my impression of the dish remained
the same. Lomi is my least favorite noodle dish, I do not like the
thick almost gel- like consistency of the soup, I find the slimy,
fat noodles gross, and I do not like the slightly bitter aftertaste.


Since it was already dinner time we decided to dine
there and we ordered Sinigang na Baboy for our soup.
We loved it. It had the exact degree of sourness that came
from natural sources like tomatoes and radish. The pork
was tender, the veggies were fresh and crispy, something
that I would recommend as a must try in this restaurant.


They served what could probably be the most delicious
Chop Suey in the world, heaping generously on a huge
platter with the sauce overflowing on the edges. The veggies
are fresh and crispy and what I like with this version is the
inclusion of the black fungus, my favorite kind of mushroom.

 

The Sweet and Sour Fish was also very delicious.
It was sweet, tangy and savory with just the right hint
of spice. The fresh zucchini added a refreshing touch
and crunchy texture without  affecting the flavorful dish.


When we ordered the Green Plaza Chicken, I was expecting
a traditional fried chicken but it was served was a pre- fried
chicken topped with all sorts of assorted fresh vegetables and
bathed  in rich tasty sauce. It was so indescribably delicious.


Everything came in huge servings, heaping and overflowing from
the platter but when the bill came- it was so affordable and one
would not leave with an empty wallet after dining in Green Plaza.

No comments:

Post a Comment